Click on the link below or copy and paste the link below into a Browser. We recommend Chrome for the PC and Safari or Firefox for the MAC.
NOTE: This program works with the most current version of Java. Please make sure it is installed and enabled on the browser you are using. If you have Windows 8, you may have difficulty installing this program. Please contact us for assistance.
- You will be using VoIP audio so please have a headset or microphone available to test your audio. (We ask that you use earphones/ear buds, instead of open computer speakers as this will minimize audio feedback.)
- You will come to a page that will ask you to enter an e-mail address.
- You will be given two options, “Launch on Desktop” or “Attend in Browser.” Please use the “Launch on Desktop” to enter the session. The browser version is not full featured and there is no video window to see the professor/room, etc. The desktop option will ask you to download software.
- If you are asked to install/ run the software and/or allow security- please select yes. If you are asked to allow a plugin (java) select yes.
- This online event is currently open so you can FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS to attend IN ADVANCE and get the software downloaded at your convenience. On the day of the event, follow the same instructions.
If you experience problems, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our helpline at 781-891-3487 between 1PM and 9:30PM Eastern time, Monday through Thursday.
Centra uses a proprietary port 1709 which may be blocked by your company’s firewall. To unblock this port, tell your IT staff that you need a “Direct TCP connection to the Centra servers (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124) on port 1709 outbound”. Port 443 can be used as a backup.